A place to talk about the art of movies and what they tell us about our world and our Creator.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Unbreakable

Happy April, everyone! I apologize for getting this month's movie announcement out late. It is entirely my fault. Though, if I'd sent it out on the 1st like I would have wanted to you all would have thought I was joking.

The movie for this month is Unbreakable, another M. Night movie. This time it's M. Night's take on the super hero genre. I enjoy this movie for a multitude of reasons, but I picked it because it makes a great statement about finding and pursuing one's calling, something I've been mulling on recently. I hope you enjoy the movie and that you talk about it in the comments here. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Gabrielle

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

This movie has some awesome moments in it, however I think it fails at the end. It becomes predictable and the ending was "eh".

However, the stuff in the middle more than makes up for the ending. The scene with Bruce Willis and his son at the breakfast table where he shows his son the newspaper is just a fantastic scene.

All in all it is a good movie, just not M. Night's best. Still better than most of the drek out there though.

Adiel said...

I still have to rewatch the movie this month, but I have to agree with Fritz that the newspaper scene is magnificent. M. Night is so subtle sometimes which is very refreshing.

As a side poll while folks are getting around to watching Unbreakable: What do you think is the best M. Night movie?

I'm putting my vote in for The Village. What a great story! The characters are so rich and well played and the visual effects are terrific.

So what do you think?

Jonathan said...

My favorites are Signs and Lady in the Water.